Chipped steak is various cuts of beef cut in very thin slices and packaged in 1 lb. packages by our butcher. McCalls Ferry Farm chipped steak has ZERO additives or fillers - it is pure beef. You most commonly see chipped steak used in countless varieties of steak sandwiches. But it can be used for so much more.
Chipped steak is very easy to cook. All you need to do is brown it in a pan with a pinch of salt and pepper, and then drain the excess fat. You can incorporate it into countless recipes! It substitutes for ground beef and chicken very well.
Here are five ideas for a chipped steak meal.
1. Chipped Steak and Eggs - Want to try something different for Sunday breakfast than bacon and sausage - try chipped steak! Brown the beef in a sauté pan with onions, mushrooms and peppers. Serve with your favorite type of eggs - and you will have a new breakfast (or breakfast for dinner) option!
2. Chipped Steak and Mexican Recipes - Substitute chipped steak for hamburger or chicken in your weekly Mexican night - works great in tacos, burritos and quesadillas.
3. Chipped Steak Salad - For those with gluten sensitivities and various low-carb diets, chipped steak can be a great addition of protein to any salad.
4. Classic Chipped Steak Sandwich - Brown your chipped steak with your favorite veggies and add to bread! Works great for a classic Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich.
5. Chipped Steak and Rice - Brown some chipped steak in a pan with an onion and 1/2 tsp. paprika - once brown add 1 cup of beef stock and your favorite veggies (broccoli works great). Once veggies are cooked, spoon beef and veggie mix over rice for a great weeknight meal.
No matter how you enjoy it, McCalls Ferry Farm chipped steak is delicious!
Photo above: Chipped steak with onions and green peppers - ready for a roll and cheese to make a great Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich!